There has been a lot of new things lately, they have made me laugh so hard!
So where do I start you guys, life is busy as it is for everyone. These days I'm doing my hardest to focus and be intentional with the gift of the present moment. The world keeps spinning and I feel it's in my best interest to take each and every bite life gives me, and savor it to the fullest. My kids are doing the cutest things lately, sometimes its hard to contain the impulse to laugh even though I'm suppose to be disciplining them. Raising kids takes dedication and focused work and it is one of the biggest and greatest blessings of my whole life. I love being their mother, getting to have this responsibility; to look after their precious little lives. It's a joy to be a mother, for it challenges you, stretches you to the limit and gives you so much back in return.
Today, i would like to share the things they have been doing/saying lately...
- She's been repeating after everything we say, the girl is a parrot!
- Every time I bump into something or I'm about to fall or slip I say: wooah! so guess what she says when she's about to fall or slip? "Wooah!" haha, with that sweet little voice of hers that pierces like a dagger of love through my heart.
- She says no to everything. Dominika come here please, I gotta put your shoes on, I said. She goes: no. Then I go again " hey, Dominika come here, mami is going to change your diaper" she goes: no. BUT if I say Dominika, lets do something she wants to do like eat a snack then she says "si"(yes). Stinker, ha! See she knows what she's doing.
- She wiggles her hips, bends and twists her body and even uses her shoulders to dance. Music is her best friend!
- Mami is so happy that her little girl likes yogurt now, yei! She also likes stinky cheeses now as well.
- I love making homemade pico de gallo and guacamole for her, she devours it.
- Something I find particularly cute is how she already gets emotional about certain things and grabs my hand, cries for a few seconds and move on.
- In the morning when I go to their bedroom they both greet me with the cutest smiles and Dominika feels the need to communicate the obvious( as if I didn't know and is a surprise) "mami, mami" and points at her diaper.
- Everything that has to do with Frozen its called: "Go" to her. She sings the frozen song " Go, go" with the exact pitch and she calls her elsa doll Go, haha.
- When night nite bath time comes, I always get in the mood to sing. So I do some scales and random arpeggios and the kids imitate the exact pitches/tone I'm singing! They have such beautiful voices<3 It gives this mother joy.
- Dominika is very girly in the traditional sense, already displays a particular affinity for fashion but can be a real tomboy as well. I love how she climbs the couch, stretches her arms upwards and relaxes her legs in a kind of manly cowboy way, hehe. She can be corky sometimes. I love finding this juxtaposed traits in my kids.
- Ok, this one is amongst my favorites. Mark Jacinto has been learning about emotions at school, so when he sees us expressing some kind of emotion(aka always in our latino/american household) he tries to figure out what our emotion is so he would ask: " mom, are you happy? are you sad, mom?". I think I've shared this with you guys in my last kid's report but there's something new. Well, he does this thing with Dominika but the brat has it figured out and it goes like this: Mark Jacinto: Dominika are you happy? D: no and he starts to cry and says "but I want you to be happy. Dominika do you like the food we are eating?" D: no Mark Jacinto: (crying) Mom, Dominika is not happy, she's not happy mom. Mami: Mark Jacinto she doesn't know better, she's little and doesn't understand but she IS happy ok? Meanwhile all of this is happening she has a twinkle in her eyes and laughs. Oh boy!
- He gives the best hugs, he gives my favorite type of hugs; the unexpected ones. out of the blue he hugs me and says: " I love you mom. you are my best friend" While my heart is melting like a candle in tropical climate
- He has this random spurts of laughter that makes him such a pleasure to live with. Yes, they are my children but still are people with their own personalities and I happen to love theirs.
- He is a helper by nature and loves to help me everywhere. A gentleman by trait, he opens the door for me (most times), helps get the trash out (most times) and loves to help me cook(almost always). His recent favorite dish are grilled cheese sandwiches.
- He's getting so very independent, zippers, seatbelt and everything else.
- He is one of the most caring and loving people I have met in my entire life. The kid loves hard.
A snippet video of Dominika dancing the Frozen song.