Last week was quite stressful with Dominika going to the emergency room while papi was out of town. The tension from having Mark Walter, my husband, arrive from Paris just two days before the attacks happened there and all the horrible things that go through one's mind with the what ifs. I knew I was tense because my breath gets shallow and I tend to hold it. Does anyone else out there experiences this?! I think this is so silly, haha.
Today I wanted to share a happy list of things that give me joy and that I'm grateful for lately plus some pictures from a little outing with friends at the SF Botanical Gardens at Golden Gate Park. You guys already know I love this place very much. Bliss!
- When I see a friend growing as a person
- When my son cuddles with me and I can see his sweet eyes sparkling with love
- My daughter Dominika and her mix of a goofy, corky and sassy nature. She says the funniest things!
- Hard boiled eggs fresh and warm with salt and pepper
- My husband bringing me my favorite chocolate from Trader Joes. Score!
- A recently acquired selfie stick for family selfies! Woot, woot!
- For having a Friendsgiving to look forward to tomorrow
- The sensuous smell of pumpkin pie in the oven, like right now;-)
- crafting with my kids
- Fresh flower arrangements that the hubs picked out
- For my canon camera that I enjoy using and preserving family memories
- For all the beautiful dreams God has placed in my heart
- For having a Papa in heaven that cares and loves me
- For realizing that I am still a child on the inside
- For water in my home
- For a lovely neighbor and friend that has become like family to me
- For living in this gorgeous city
- For the promise of the future
There is so much to be thankful for, the fact that we are alive and breathing, is a cause for celebration. Let's make each day count and create memories we are proud to look back to.