There has been a lot going on lately. The kiddos have been sick, each with a different thing and we went to the ER the other night. By the grace of God, we were attended amongst the 50 plus people that were waiting there. It was a bit crazy and I found myself in an extremely hyper state of mind and not being able to focus. Mark Jacinto received an IV for dehydration( he was throwing up all day, unable to hold any water or food) and Dominika had an injection of steroids to help her breathe. When we arrived home by around 3am, everyone has been under medicine or just too tired to say a thing so we passed out. All I remember was my mother in law covering Dominika and I with tons of blankets. As dramatic as this scene sound, I remember it with joy and a deep sense of gratitude. The people in our lives care deeply about us and for that I'm very grateful.
I wanted to share some of the pics we included in our Christmas/New Year's card and the things I'm grateful for this year.
I'M THANKFUL for:
- for my Savior Jesus Christ and the amazing sacrifice He did for us.
- My beloved family<3, Mark2, Dominika and Pepe( our dog) the Ohioans and the Ecuadoreans.
- My life and the people in it. They bring me great joy.
- for my mother, Maria
- To live in the city of San Francisco. I love SF!
- My kid's cute things. They seem to come up with something new and refreshingly creative everyday. They inspire me.
- for being Mark's wife, he's a truly brilliant guy and if we were to be lego pieces we will perfectly fit each other.
- for the challenges that this year has brought. They were very unique and surprising but by overcoming them I see myself change; and I embrace that.
- for kind of starting over again in terms of location/demographics and people around you. I have met some truly incredible people this year that challenged me to be better.
- for my friends Krithika and Amit living close to us, like really close pretty much 1 block away, hehe.
- for understating truly and deeply the immense value of spending lots of quality time with my kids.
- for being a work from home mommy and having a flexible schedule.
- for the sleepless nights with baby Dominika. Boy they truly make you grow up!
- for rediscovering certain vegetables
- for discovering trader joe's
- for farmers markets
- for school bus drivers that truly care about my kid
- for a beautiful relationship with my soul sister
- for Michael Alexander in our lives
- for the power of forgiveness in my heart
- for the freedom HE provides and His amazing grace
- for amazing bloggers that inspire me lots!
- for exemplary mothers that have become my mentors( even if they don't know it!)
- for new friendships
- for my church: Epic church
- for Mark Jacinto's daily 'I love you mom'
- the Word that lifts me up constantly
- His love
The list goes on and on but I wanted to share it for some reason. I hope you had a great Christmas/holiday celebration with the special people in your life. What are you grateful for this year? What are the things that stick out when you reflect upon the blessings that 2014 has brought?